Thursday, June 15, 2017

Fast forward a few years to 2017

So this blog came up in my memories on my Facebook page this morning. The last time I made an entry was in July of 2010, Almost 7 years ago. A lot has happened in 7 years. I've bought a house in Saint Albans, started a business, gained a bunch of weight(partially due to injury other part due to laziness), played in a couple different bands, had wrist surgery, taken a break from playing music all together, started riding mountain bikes again, lost a bunch of weight, been promoted to Lieutenant at the fire department, my mom and dad moved to Texas, my nephew was diagnosed with leukemia, and is in his second year of treatment... just to name a few things. I may try and do a post for each of these events, since they are all pretty major events in my life.

I write these posts for a while then I start thinking to myself, "what's the point" and I stop. But this morning when it came up in my newsfeed on fb, I went back and read through my old posts. I enjoy going back and seeing where I was and where I am now. Even if I just did a post per year it would be interesting for me to get back into my head at the time of the post. And documenting some of these major life events would help me to remember when I get too old to remember. So I need to make myself, on occasion, write a blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Dunbar, WV
We are a rock band from the Charleston, WV area. Band members are Bill Dean and Matt Poff. Stay tuned for more.

Followers